Thursday, November 13, 2014

Like the sun that always shines.

Recently I was enlightened to the existence of these things called angel cards, and they offer daily guidance in the form of a single word with an accompanying description. The angel that told me about these angel cards picked one for me today: Trust. Before I asked her what the description was, I tried to let the word sink in. What does it mean to trust? What kind of trust? How can I direct trust internally and externally? The answer to these question obviously varies from person to person, but its importance is steadfast. We all know someone with trust issues, and to a degree we all share those insecurities with making ourselves vulnerable. Especially with those around us, the constant mental line we toe between giving someone the power to hurt us and entrusting that they won't is exhausting. Exhausting but necessary, it's the part I believe that makes us the most human. Not human in an evolutionarily sense, but human in the sense that we are able to connect with one another, thus forging deeper connections with the world around us and the universe that thrives within and between us.

Today sucked. I felt really human, and it felt like I was walking around naked-- bearing every inch of my humanness with my lack of a poker face. But I asked my angel for the description and this is what she sent me:

Trust: Move from a place of knowing within you rather than as a result of adaptation to outer experience. Let go of your assumptions and need to control life's creative process. 
Life happens-- not to you, but with you. Trying to control the processes and people that surround you is futile. You are the captain of your own destiny, a destiny that stems from the light that sits inside of you, impermeable and unaffected by anyone else. Let the angels bless you, but keep the darkness out.

I'm human, I can write these things and think them and truly feel them, but to embody them has been the biggest challenge. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to keep a candle lit in a drafty room. But there's always people who are willing to relight the candle and huddle around it, and trusting that the candle won't ever go out is so important, no matter how dim it may get.

No comments:

Post a Comment