Thursday, February 25, 2016

Anxiety

A simple moment of weakness.
A cloud passing in front of the sun,
and skin tightens, goosebumps prickling,
grasping at the warmth it so lovingly accepted just a moment before.
Chest tightens, matching the papillae of follicles in the shadow of that cloud and mind tightens, grasping for wisps of light.
Reaching and yearning, the clenching of body keeps just.. out.. of... reach.
Sun-drenched thoughts and pleasant memories within view, without comfort.
Spiraling deeper and deeper into clenching, unrelenting mind and tight, tight chest,
wishing for release and relaxation.
Finding it in escape-
Unsustainable.
Finding it inward, looking inward at the hurricane of words and colors and feelings and seeking the eye of the storm.
Keep looking inward at the eye- it expands, opening up to see all.
Here is solace.
I am solace.
Here is strength.
I am strength.
Here is peace.
I am peace.
I am a universe unto and into myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment