Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 1: There's a Blizzard in my Mcflurry

Hello hello blogosphere (I hope that's how you spell it)!
To celebrate the arrival of my new toy, my Kodak EasyShare Z981, which is actually pretty nice quality for a Kodak- surprise, right?- I decided to embark on a new project. Even though I received the camera Christmas day, I didn't come up with the idea until yesterday afternoon, and then I couldn't get my pictures uploaded...
Third time's always the charm! Blogging has always been a foreign concept to me, so I am attempting to blog to mark my eighteenth year. Here are the parameters of my project:
1. Take one picture of myself and two pictures of people/places/things that detail and describe the day.
2. Blog a little about my day. (I've done this type of thing before with journals and a livejournal, so this shouldn't be too difficult)
3. Share a green tip/fact or inspirational quote.

Here is yesterday's post-

FIRST REAL SNOW STORM '10!
Today was ridiculous. Not that I went outside to see... I spent the morning safe in my pj's and slippers watching the snow come in sideways. It was wonderful to watch my siblings play in the snow plow pile across the street. Every once in a while, one of the neighborhood kids would get stuck. Such were the days of icy toes and frosty noses, I'd rather just take pictures of the flakes than taste them. Later in the day I headed to work where it was cold and unpleasant. Minimum wage treats me like a queen! In all, I'd say that the Blizzard of 2010 was a success. I didn't get a White Christmas, but I am completely content with Frosty knocking on my door as close to January as he wants.

Green Tip: Millions of men, women, and children don't have access to clean, safe drinking water. Check out Summit on the Summit and help out!



live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment