Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day Two: Shoes and Salads



Today was today. Started off pretty lazy, I successfully slept in. So glorious. Babysat the sleeping brothers until I was whisked off to lunch with my two pals M & S. It was so wonderful just sitting there eating great food and talking about college life. I am so unbelievably excited for college! While S had a rougher first semester, I was reassured that college would be all I've been dreaming of since I was seven, and more by M. I suppose it's all in the way I look at it, but it's always nice to hear the stories and the fun experiences, and dream myself in her brand new running shoes. After three hours we called it quits, for then. When you're with people you love and love being with, time becomes irrelevant.
After lunch came some downtime, which I spent very lazily with my new slippers that I'm showing off above (thanks S!!). Life is soooooooo good with a good pair of slippers. Tea shortly followed, then a few hours later the hockey game. We won, I'm not quite sure the score, or even who we played, but it was fun nonetheless. Sometimes you bond with the most unlikely people, and tonight was one of those nights. Even though I didn't get thrill out of watching our boys athletically hand the purple-accented opposers their backsides on a platter, great conversation and good laughs were present. You can't complain when you're laughing, right? Oh, and the boots? Tims. The lineup? All men, minus the first pair on the right. Kudos, TX, kudos to you my friend.

"The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground." -Buddha

live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment