Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 11: Graduation Season

Today was sad. Besides not passing my last math competency again, I kept finding myself in the middle of these "a ha" moments as Ms. Handy would call them. Like during 1960's when you turn to your tablemate and you realize we're thinking the same thing as we laugh to each other about that crazy man Terry Dostie, or when people will help me organize the yearbook table and help sell them immediately without being asked, or when we're in Physics and someone slides their calculator or formula sheet (with revised "formulas" on it) over to you because you forgot yours that day. Its these tiny, seemingly irrelevant moments that honestly are the most relevant and the most wonderful parts of my fleeting days at SHS. Cheers to the end of the last week of regular classes, '11. Cheers to the beginning of the end.

Obviously this post is late, as I got home late last night. After having what felt like a therapy session with my favorite Physics teacher, I hopped in the car and was off to watch one of my best friends graduate. One of the first I became friends with when I moved to Rollinsford just over 6 years ago, E and I have since stayed close even though we haven't lived across the street from each other in ages. Congrats, E! See you at mine in 11 (10) days!

Now I'm off to coach my last practice of my high school career. All of these lasts keep making me forget that I have so many first on the way, but that's a post for another day (rhyme!). I'll post my endeavors of Day 10 later tonight- I have such a busy day ahead of me. Hopefully tears will not be included.

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

live simply.

2 comments: