Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 14: Sobfest '11 (almost)

Today was rough. Incompetent in math, unresponsive in 1960's, and barely lucid in third block, today was difficult to say the least. That all lead up to a stroll down memory lane in physics and a near cryfest as I pored over the writings of my classmates' yearbook signings. On a lighter note, CK lead the softball team to a victory and on Saturday to the championship, and I couldn't be more proud. Congratulations, girls!

But, of everything I could have done, nothing, and I truly mean nothing could have prepared me for this. It's early in the countdown and I already feel pressed for time. I feel not regret, but sadness for all the wasted moments over the last four years; moments I should have been spending with the wonderful people who now fill my life as our time at SHS dwindles to a close. I am so incredibly thankful for all the coincidences and mishaps, because in all they've lead me towards these really amazing people, and I am so sorry that I didn't see it before. I spent far too much time worrying about the wrong things and the wrong people cause you see, they've been there for me all along. In and out of my life with little fanfare, I should have had the biggest parade for them all. Tonight I cross off yet another day and I can't keep the tears from welling up (somewhat due to allergies but mostly because of my newfound fondness for high school). I never, ever imagined feeling upset about graduating, but the time has come and surprise- I'm a wreck. We'll see how tomorrow goes, Senior Skip Day and I may end up bawling my eyes out on the beach. Surf's up.

"There is no remedy for love but to love more." -Henry David Thoreau

live simply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment