Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 15: The Countdown Begins (and starts over)



Today was the beginning of the end. Fifteen days left until June 21st. Fifteen days until my life as a student at Somersworth High School is over forever. So I'm taking up this blog to mark the final moments of my senior spring. If you've even visited this blog once, you know that I haven't been keeping up on here really at all lately. It happens. Life happens. Sometimes it's better to live it than write about it or take pictures of it and although usually I vote for the composing and photographing, lately I've been about the breathing and laughing (well, mostly breathing and a little laughing, and a lot of crying).

Senior spring. Countless movies and books have described this year and these moments to me, but Sarah Dessen and Lizzie McGuire couldn't prepare me for these emotions. Sure, you can talk all you want, but until you are getting ready for your own senior banquet, compiling (and crying over) pictures for your own senior slideshow, and practicing a poem you're going to read at your baccalaureate- you won't quite know how it feels. Weird. Basically, it's weird. You've been doing the same thing with the same people in the same place, and all of a sudden you're not going to anymore. You're not only graduating from high school, you're graduating from childhood, and from everything that you once knew about life. Life, as you knew it, is over. And it's probably one of the most terrifying, exhilarating, freakin' awesome/terrible feelings. You know you are going to radically change nearly every aspect of your environment and surroundings, yet you don't know how. You know where you are going, but not in what capacity. You know you will be doing new things, but not what kind, and you know you will meet fantastic new people, but not who those people are. Basically, it's weird.

I'm going to wrap up this post here- I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow when we are down to fourteen days!

"Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize." - Elizabeth Harrison

live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment