Friday, January 18, 2013

Blue as the Sky, Sunburnt and Lonely.

Courageous has never been a word to describe me. One soccer season early in my defensive career I got the nickname "Tenacious Taylor", but not quite courageous.

A quick Google search of the word "courageous" sets you up with this simple, concise definition:

cou·ra·geous 

/kəˈrājəs/ : Not being deterred by danger or pain; brave.

Looking back over the last few months, I must say that I've had my few moments of courage. I've made decisions I didn't want to but knew I needed to. I pushed myself past the point I thought I would break and instead found myself bending and springing back into place.

I'm not going to use this blog post as a vehicle to toot my own horn, but I did want to take the time to recognize my own efforts. The last few months have been an immense learning experience for me, and although I didn't necessarily do the best, I still did a good job. So I'll go ahead and call myself courageous for just this one time. Disagree? Go live your own Experience then.


live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment