Monday, January 14, 2013

2+0+1+3 = A Sunny Disposition

Cheers to the New Year, folks! Here's my first blogpost of 2013.
Coinciding with the first day of classes, this blogpost has fourteen days of stories, tears and laughter concealed in my typical thinly-veiled composition.

Two weeks have passed since my last thoughts of 2012, and although those seemed pertinent to deliver into the blogosphere, I've decided to start fresh. With all intentions of upholding the cliche tradition, my new resolutions-- which I've come to realize are actually rather old and just never executed with any real intention of follow-through-- lead the way for this relatively quickly composed post.

Let Go.
An irrational fear of mine, letting go of control and allowing the flow to be gone with is not something that I am used to. Newly twenty and feeling wholly out of control of many things, this concept, as scary and unnatural as it feels, has been strangely liberating. Sure, I slip up from time to time and feel myself fall back into the same anxious tendencies, but the vice grip in my chest I usually experienced when I felt like I was losing my footing in a situation has loosened.

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that really all of my resolutions and the things I'd like to do differently about 2013 than what I did with 2012 fall under the resolution to let go. Letting go of 2012 is actually going to be very difficult-- two weeks in and I'm already reeling-- but I figure if I can give into 2013 and relinquish control, I'll find twenty to be a year for the books.

Cheers to keeping your face towards the sunshine.
The shadows will always fall behind.



live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment