Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Singin' In the Rain.


Considering the fact that my subscriber list and blog views have significantly plummeted since January 2011, I no longer feel that it's necessary to censor and "code" everything I write about.

That being said, I know how wordy and "blabber-mouthy" I can get and so this will still be somewhat censored, as in actuality I have no idea who even reads my blog these days.


Relevance. Brought up by a "friend" a few weeks ago and more recently, earlier today in my Anthropology class, the idea that in only seconds a place or time or person can become entirely relevant to your life continues to both fascinate and baffle me. Unfortunately for the average reader of this blog, I'm not going to go in depth on this topic, or really even scratch the surface of it. Instead, I'm just going to say what has been slowly burning in my chest longer than I've wanted.

One of my all-time favorite, ultimate good-mood films has now been tainted with the reality of my indecision and inability to speak up. Being tongue tied has left me with the irrevocable pang of realization that when you are singing in the rain, all you are doing, in fact, is singing in the rain. Once you've been soaked through, an umbrella will not change the fact that your clothes are dripping wet and your shoes probably do that uncomfortable squishing thing when you take a step.

All of these seemingly irrelevant details that I took the time to blog about? Exactly that, irrelevant.
However, reality and relevance could be just the thing slapping you in the face if you're singin' in the rain too.



live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment