Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kick Out the Epic Dollar-sign.

Tonight I tried my hand at something I've only really done in my head over the last few months. I sat down at my desk, scanned my iTunes playlists, downloaded an app, and put a track of my own together. Inspired by the opening weekend of Recruitment, I hung up my dusty video editing skills and tried on DJ moccasins for the evening. What I had imagined over the last weekend swirled in my mind as I frustratedly attempted to sew pickups and drops together minding beats per minute and decibel counts. An hour or so passed before I realized that I had only pieced a minute and a half's worth of material together. Ecstatic I had finally (somewhat) matched the counts of my choice tracks close enough, I soldiered on through 1 AM. Three hours and four songs produced just over five minutes of haphazardly laced volume fluctuations.

Oh, you want to hear it? Not yet. It's just the first draft.
And even though it's clearly amateur, I still created it.

Proud of myself? You bet I am.


live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment